PDA

View Full Version : There's nothing in here European Dipper

christopher galeski
10-22-2013, 06:10 AM
captured this image as dipper was exploring this drain hole side of river,cannon 500mm IS L F4,tripod,ext making FL 700MM,7D,iso800,F5.6,1/60S,cropped,levels,sharpened.thanks for looking.

gail bisson
10-22-2013, 06:34 AM
I really like this one!
Great pose and love the visible feet on the bank. The green vegetation adds a nice pop of color.
If I had one wish it would be that the bird was looking towards you.
Good IQ in these dark light conditions.Very sharp at 1/60 sec
Gail

LinzRiverBalmer
10-22-2013, 06:35 AM
I like the image overall.

It may be my eyes, I'm about past my limit of looking at pictures for the night/morning.

The bird itself to me looks a little soft or out of DOF.

The feet look good and the lower breast, from there up I'm not sure. I will leave it to the less tired and more experienced.

On a whole though I love the comp, colors and interest.

John Robinson
10-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi Chris
Unusual Dipper shot. Like it. Certainly different !
Cheers
JR

Sidharth Kodikal
10-22-2013, 09:16 AM
You absolutely nailed it Chris. Exposure is perfect and I love how you've composed it. I like how the feet are firmly planted on what looks like slippery vegetation.
Terrific. If I were to change anything, I'd reduce the brightness on the URC; it pulls my eye away because of the brightness.

Marina Scarr
10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Well done on this environment shot. Like where you placed your bird. You did great with that low SS. Nice choice of comp.

Steve Kaluski
10-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi Christopher, based on the techs you certainly did exceedingly well, especially at 1/50sec, fighting light, the great UK weather :bg3:.

Even on the laptop the image looks a tad flat, check your web settings, as the image hasn't an sRGB profile Chris, hence it not being displayed properly. I would add a luminosity adjustment layer, just pulls up the habitat nicely and then add a Linear adjustment for the chest. Again it helps define the white plumage in the chest.

TFS
Steve :wave:

christopher galeski
10-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Thanks for looking and comments.

Satish Ranadive
10-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Superb image of Dipper in the habitat. Love the pose, colors and composition.

Regards,
Satish.