PDA

View Full Version : American Wigeon.

Karl Egressy
10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I believe this is a female (or juvenile) AMWI.
Shot a few days back when the weather was still nice and the water had nice fall reflection.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS II.
ISO 400
f7.1
1/640 s

Miguel Palaviccini
10-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Karl,

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were in the same pond I was this weekend (I'll be posting my American Wigeon shortly).

The color of that water is great. I'm wondering, however, if you cloned a bit of it in around the head area. It looks like the top of the head has been affected by this. Otherwise, a lovely shot.

Miguel

Greg Oakley
10-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Very nice Karl - that water is simply awesome. Agree with Miguel about the smudge on the head...

Karl Egressy
10-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Karl,

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were in the same pond I was this weekend (I'll be posting my American Wigeon shortly).

The color of that water is great. I'm wondering, however, if you cloned a bit of it in around the head area. It looks like the top of the head has been affected by this. Otherwise, a lovely shot.

Miguel

Thanks Miguel.
First of all I noticed that I did not post the one I intended to post.
I did some cloning to get rid off some dark spots, you will se it on the second image but I did it in layers and it would not have affected the duck.
I looked at the original and it had this smudgy patch on the top of the head due to some lighting effect.
I fixed it none the less to make it look nicer.
I hope you like it.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Love the colors, the spacious comp and the perfect head turn she's giving you, Karl.
Wigeons are such beautiful ducks.

Satish Ranadive
10-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Superb image. Beautiful colorscheme. Very nice pose, lights and composition.

Regards,
Satish.