PDA

View Full Version : Plain Tiger.

Satish Ranadive
10-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Image was created today morning. Cropped for composition and sharpened.NR applied to BG.

ISO: 400, 1/250 @ F: 11.0. Exposure bias: 0.0, manual. Hands rested on keens.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Steve Maxson
10-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi Satish. Lovely light and very good overall sharpness! The water drops add interest and help to give the image that early-morning feel. I might suggest cloning the two darkish lines that enter the bottom of the frame in the middle - a minor point. One aspect of this light is that it highlights every minute imperfection in the butterfly's wings. One thing you might try (if you are OK with such things) is to carefully clone over some of the small worn spots on the wings to give the butterfly a more pristine look. In any case, this is very nicely done!

Diane Miller
10-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Very nice! What would you think about removing a little from the top?

Mitch Haimov
10-21-2013, 11:31 PM
BG complements your subject nicely, Satish. Good DOF and detail. Afraid I have the opposite suggestion of Diane--I would crop 1/2 to 2/3 of the negative space from the bottom and leave top as is.

LinzRiverBalmer
10-22-2013, 05:15 AM
Love the water droplets and the grass they are on, or foliage. Butterfly looks good. Nice job.

This would be one where I would prefer some form of diagonal line.... or going horizontal with the comp to minimize the verticals.

Jason Stander
10-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi Satish... Great crisp detail and exposure... Lovely complimentary bg... Would have oped for a more diagonal comp and a tighter crop... Otherwise WD!

Jonathan Ashton
10-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Very nicely done Satish - good details in the blacks an a nice composition, the DOF is spot on.