PDA

View Full Version : The Sickener_Russula emeticella

Jonathan Ashton
10-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Tripod Canon 50D Canon 180mm macro & polariser, MLU, ISO 100 1.6 sec f11, reflector.
I took two images at f11, one was focused on the stype, the other on the rim of the head, I layered them and erased to give little more DOF
All C&C welcome.

Mitch Haimov
10-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Your manual stacking worked well with this one, Jon. I think the placement within the frame works very well and, as usual, you handled the exposure and saturation well. I think I would have been tempted to carefully remove some debris from the cap or hide it with a lower POV (assuming that wouldn't have brought any objectionable elements into this fairly clean BG).

Jonathan Ashton
10-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Mitch I agree the debris is a little unsightly, I tried and succeeded in removing some but the remainder was stuck and if I pulled it then the surface would have been destroyed........ as a pal of mine says when things are less than ideal - you'll just have to go back and do again!

Markus Jais
10-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Great DOF, very well done. I like the composition and the effect of the polarizer.
For me the debris is ok because this is just how most mushrooms look like in autumn.

Markus

Don Lacy
10-21-2013, 10:37 AM
NIce low angle and plenty of detail I really like how you have the BG just OOF focus so its not a distraction but still gives a sense of place.

Adrian David
10-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Interesting mushroom nicely put on scene...