PDA

View Full Version : Dawn on the Bay of Fundy

Cheryl Slechta
10-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Another from my trip to New Brunswick. We had one day when there was color in the morning although the sky wasn't very intense it did add some color to the shore briefly.
Minimally processed - levels, minor saturation and minor smart sharpen. Not as abstract as the last 2:S3:
Canon 5DMkIII, Canon 24-105 @ 105mm, f/22, 2.5 sec., ISO 200.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions always appreciated.

Hazel Grant
10-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Reminds me a bit of your last two, only instead of transitions of color, it's transitions of texture. Nice contrast of the very sharp physical shore to the "abstract" blur of the water.

Cheryl Slechta
10-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks, Hazel.:S3:

Anette Mossbacher
10-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi Cheryl,

in this one I wish the water would be more blurry soft. That would have been a great contrast, as Hazel mentioned already!
Very nice image :bg3:

Have a great evening

Ciao
Anette

Diane Miller
10-20-2013, 04:21 PM
I like the idea but wonder if a little more detail in the water would be interesting. Maybe a little darker on the top with a graduated filter? But hard to know without seeing it and you probably already thought to try it.

Andrew McLachlan
10-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi Cheryl, last time I was at the Bay of Fundy I was 6 years old! I should head there again someday. I really like the details in the shoreline and the little bits of color the stones are adding. I also like the water but wonder about a small crop from the top to just above the darkish line in the water on the right side of the frame...more of a personal thing though as it is fine the way it is :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
10-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Thanks, Annette, Diane and Andrew. Andrew, I loved St. Martins (I took Freeman Patterson and Andre Gallant's workshop there for a week). I'm planning on going back next year and hiking the Bay of Fundy trail and explore a little more. I pondered the crop from the top and think I'll try it.:S3: