PDA

View Full Version : Trumpeter with French background

Randy Stout
10-19-2013, 10:22 AM
This wild trumpeter swan was imaged at my local bird sanctuary yesterday morning. The fall colors are really coming on , both in the trees and the water vegetation. I was struck by the background colors and patterns that reminded me of a painting by Monet.

D4 600VR f/6.3 1/2000s, iso 640 tripod mounted

Post: LR4 & CS6. Further softened the background to play up the 'painting' effect a bit. Crop for comp. Did truncate the long neck reflection as it ran off the bottom of the frame. Used noise reduction on the water to soften it a bit.

This is more manipulation than I normally do, but wanted to try something a bit different for me.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
10-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Love the Monet feel to this one, Randy. The comp and colors are lovely.

Richard Flack
10-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Really like this image Randy. It is a real artwork. Love how the water trails behind, making a V shape. Nice one!

gail bisson
10-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I really like the blue water pattern and the great colors.
Whites are perfect as is DOF
Perfect comp
Gail

Karl Egressy
10-19-2013, 08:48 PM
The image definitely has a painterly quality. In fact is it a very beautiful image. the more I look at it the more I like it, Randy.
I have a book on the French post impressionist, will look up Claude Monet and some of his paintings.

Loi Nguyen
10-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Randy, lovely impressionist painting indeed. You nailed the exposure here. The bG is lovely. I saw some artifact from the cloning of the reflection. Loi

Satish Ranadive
10-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Wonderful image of beautiful Swan.Rest as usual superb. Love the panorama crop.

Regards,
Satish.

Doug Brown
10-20-2013, 01:18 PM
I think you did a great job with your impressionist BG. The bird is nice and sharp. I might consider a crop off the bottom to just below the blue water line on the right.

Sandy Witvoet
10-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Lovely! The "painterly" quality works really well. Great detail on the Swan... excellent angle.