PDA

View Full Version : Bring it on Usain Bolt...

Steve Kaluski
10-18-2013, 09:35 AM
This is one of my little owlets caught in a mid training run with a very focussed expression. The light is oh so variable in such a short space of time and I'm constantly changing ISO & DOF to retain a reasonable SS. These guys were such characters whilst growing up. Now it's hard to distinguish between parent & offspring unless they flex their wings.

Steve
Subject: Little owlet running (Athene noctua)
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 500f/4 Gitzo tripod/Wimberely head
Exposure: 1/640s at f/8 ISO1250 -0.33 stop compensation

hennieloots
10-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi Steve - I like the intense stare/eye contact very much. The clean BG and colors work well.
TFS, Cheers
Hennie

keith mitchell
10-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Steve you have caught it bang on!
Cheers Keith.:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Steve,

Greetings. What a great look! Near Rembrandt lighting and all. Love the raised foot. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Steve, superb pose by the owlet. You caught him at the right moment. I like the BG, the raised foot with talons showing and the intense concentration on his face. TFS.

Frank Schauf
10-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Very nice pose and bg colors.

Marina Scarr
10-18-2013, 08:38 PM
This little guy is on a mission!!! Love that gorgeous smooth, green BG, the raised foot and the stare down!!!

Girish Prahalad
10-19-2013, 05:45 AM
love the comp. the head on run & the stare are top notch. BG is superb.

Loi Nguyen
10-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Steve, very cute image. Great pose. Love the raised foot and the stare at you. The light wasn't ideal here as half the bird was in the shadow and your SS is a tad low, but you handled the exposure and PP expertly as usual. Loi

MohsenVahedipour
10-21-2013, 02:36 AM
What an angry runner! I like the running pose, BG & composition. TFS

shane shacaluga
10-21-2013, 03:30 AM
hahaha I love it!!

Wave a red cape in front of him/her if you dare!!

Steve Kaluski
10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks folks, sorry for the delay, some small tech issues, now resolved, however I appreciate the comments & feedback. :wave:

Gabriela Plesea
10-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Dear Steve,

You know very well how I feel about these little characters:w3 I am so taken with them - they must be so entertaining to watch and photograph! How expressive they can be, and you have captured them so well! This is perhaps the cutest of them all-I simply cannot help smiling when I see the focus and determination on this owlet's face. Maybe it's all about the eyes, but perhaps something to do with the size too-so small yet so full of character...

" Photography should evoke more than it describes"...you have this great gift Steve, to capture your subjects in the best circumstances; even when light is not favourable and perhaps depth of field not ideal, the viewer forgets about the technical details and sees that which you were trying to convey. In this case, the beauty in the smallest bit of nature:S3:

Warmest regards,