PDA

View Full Version : Sulphur tuft_Hypholoma fasciculare

Jonathan Ashton
10-18-2013, 06:54 AM
Tripod Canon 50D, Canon 180mm macro & polariser, ISO 100, 1.6 sec, f11, fill in flash -1.6FEV.
All C&C welcome.

Mitch Haimov
10-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Another interesting mushroom image, Jon. I like the way one is tipped over, showing the gills. Polarizer worked well here. You handled the flash well--looks more like you used a reflector. Light subject on dark BG also works well. Atypically, I prefer the portion of the BG that is sharp to that which is soft. That said, you may want to darken the bright spot near UR corner a bit.

Adrian David
10-19-2013, 01:55 PM
It is the season of mushrooms.... I have got a few myself....I like very much the light on these ones and the dark BG which complements them.There is enough dof and sharpness to not make the BG interfering with the beauty of the mushrooms.

gary ellwein
10-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Jonathan, I particularly like the mushrooms and bg on the right side of the image. By moving a bit to the left could you have gotten the entire group and bg uniform?

Jonathan Ashton
10-20-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, the left hand side background had to be cloned a little due to the fact that it was white and messy with diffused hyphae etc. I left a little on the right but there was a large irregular area originally on the right.

Markus Jais
10-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Beautiful shot. I like the composition and the contrast between the yellow mushrooms and the dark BG. Great use of DOF.

Markus

Daniel Cadieux
10-20-2013, 08:26 PM
I like this grouping of mushrooms, and I think the toppled one adds interest. I'd may have been tempted to use some small tweezers or such to rid the pieces of dirt on that one though.

Jonathan Ashton
10-21-2013, 04:51 AM
Thanks Markus & Dan, much appreciated.