PDA

View Full Version : Gator from the Farm

Joe Senzatimore
05-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Taken on a recent trip to the Alligator Farm. While shooting the nesting birds , these gators started to bellow. I thought I was in a Harley Davidson factory. You could feel the boardwalk vibrate from the sounds they made!!!! To me an awsome experience ,but glad I was on the boardwalk.

320 ISO 1/640th at f5.6

Steve Maxson
05-09-2008, 05:23 PM
These guys are pretty impressive when they are bellowing! A nice portrait, Joe. Good sharpness and good exposure, though there are a few bright areas at the front of the lower jaw. I would suggest cloning the scattered white and green spots in the water to keep your eye from wandering from the action. Well done.

Van Hilliard
05-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I've had the same experience. It's truly awe-inspiring. You've captured exceptional detail here. I'm especially impressed that the teeth look like -- well, teeth. In many such shots, the teeth are not presented realistically. I like what you've done.

Ed Cordes
05-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I like the sharp teeth! The seperation of the gator from the BG is very good. Excellent eye contact as well. Good job.

Daniel Cadieux
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Nice pose on this impressive gator. Might be tempted to clone out at least some of the bright spots above...if not all of them.