PDA

View Full Version : Looking Forward

Judy Howle
10-16-2013, 04:24 PM
to seeing visitors again in Cade's Cove, Smoky Mountains National Park. I made this photo in May 2012. I just purchased the Jixipix.com plugin bundle of 17 plugins (works with Ps and Elements) that just became available for PC and Mac with a discount code for 15% off - PLUGINS15 - which is good on any of their products. I used Aquarella on this one plus a green texture at about 30% opacity, masked off the deer.

Christopher Miller
10-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Nice painting effect, Judy! I like it a lot. Nice composition leaving room for the deer to look in. I might try to make the eye more visible.

Judy Howle
10-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks Christopher! I tried lightening up the shadow area on his face both by painting and dodging to make the eye more visible but it looked weird to me. I didn't try painting on the eye but if I'm feeling ambitious I might try that.

Cheryl Slechta
10-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Hi, Judy, it makes me want to get back to Cades Cove:S3: Lovely painting effect and thanks for the info on the plugins.

Judy Howle
10-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks Cheryl! Me too, we might go now that the park has re-opened.

Anita Bower
10-18-2013, 05:11 AM
Nice use of Aquarella and texture--you made them work seamlessly in this image. Lovely colors. Agree with Christopher, but, you already addressed that issue. I just bought a jixipix, but haven't used it much.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Really like the treatment Judy. Too bad the light wasn't coming from the right, thus making the eye more visible.

LinzRiverBalmer
10-19-2013, 12:30 AM
If I wasn't on a photo forum I never would have guess this was a photo, definitely a painting, that's a compliment to your abilities in PP.

Very Very interesting image to capture and figure out how to utilize before just tossing it out. I too wish the eye was there a bit more, but that's really my only complaint.

Thanks also for listing Jixipix, it looks doable for some cheapy single plugins that are hard to find.

Judy Howle
10-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Thanks Anita, Jackie and Linz for thinking it looks like a real watercolor. I do too! I forgot to say that I used Topaz Clean first but very lightly and I thought that worked out well by reducing some of the smaller details.