PDA

View Full Version : Bracket fungi and Fly agaric

Jonathan Ashton
10-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Canon 50D canon 100-400mm @100mm, tripod MLU ISO 100 1/8 sec f11
In keeping with previous fungi shots here is another fly agaric:S3: Adrian's is in better condition than this one, the slugs have been at it. The fly agaric ins the one commonly depicted in fairy stories and is poisonous.
The large flat bracket fungi were used as razor strops in times gone by, they more commonly grow on silver birch trees.
All C&C welcome.

Mitch Haimov
10-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Looks like you made this image a moment too late--right after the fairies melted into the forest. Was not aware of the former use of bracket fungi. Interesting. The fact that it has been nibbled upon does not detract from the photogenic quality of the shroom, which I recognize from your thread of a few days ago.

Markus Jais
10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
I like this a lot. The juxtaposition of the red one and the other mushrooms is great. I like the habitat around the mushrooms.

Markus

Adrian David
10-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Very appealing image with two different kinds of mushrooms! The busy BG is one of the hardest thing to get rid off in the forest...But, this is the natural way of things....:S3:

Alan Lillich
10-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Very well done in a tough environment. The forest adds atmosphere without excessive cluttered. I like the vine framing the log on the left. I think I would prefer it a tiny bit darker overall, I tend to prefer deep forest shots on the dark side. I think both logs, especially the one on the right could benefit from additional selective darkening. The dark shadow on the right log is distracting.