Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = Nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8 VR
Tripod.
Busy BG, but that's what you get in the woods.....:S3:

Jonathan Ashton
10-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Lovely shot Adrian, of a fine example. I would suggest having a look at the stipes, I think you will be able to get a little more detail, I have tried linear burn and multiply but I think it will be better if you have a go at the raw file. Also the rim at 9pm, I don't think it is burned out but just a little less brightness would help. As you say busy background but that is what it is like - maybe a little NR there.

Mitch Haimov
10-16-2013, 11:44 PM
I like your pairing of fruiting bodies. You did a good job of getting fully covering your subjects by the DOF. Well chosen camera angle--I like that we can see the tops of the caps yet the ribs are still visible. Did you consider a curves layer to darken the highlights without changing the midtones or shadows + a layer mask to protect your subjects?

Daniel Cadieux
10-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Both mushrooms are very sharp and quite appealing in colour and texture. The BG is wwhat it is but I still wish it was not as busy. In settings like this I also like to take the time to physically clean up (remove) a few items that can be in the way such as some of the twigs in front of the stems (same goes for the BG if there are large bright easily removable objects)

Adrian David
10-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Thank you very much!
Daniel, It was not possible to clean-up the area behind the mushrooms, because it was a thick bush with lots of thorns... Usually I am cleaning all the distracting debris when it is possible (or when I'm not forgetting...:S3:)