PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tiger.

Satish Ranadive
10-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Image was created in the last week, early in the morning. Cropped for composition and sharpened. Few green spots are removed. Butterfly has very soft texture.

ISO: 1600, 1/50 @ F: 11.0. Exposure bias: +0.7.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm. Hands rested on keens.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

shane shacaluga
10-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Hi Satish,

I really like the composition and the contrast of the subject over the background

The exposure looks good to me although it seems a bit dark around the eye area and does not show the details as well as it could i think.

the bright green area in the BG is unfortunate although it allows good view of the antennae

good sharpness at 1/50 HH

TFS

Mitch Haimov
10-15-2013, 08:47 AM
I like this one a lot, Satish. Nice, soft light and pleasing colors, interesting subject. Perhaps you could bring out a little more detail in the "face"? I would be inclined to crop about half the negative space from the left.

Jonathan Ashton
10-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Satish I love the processing on this one I think you have done exceptionally well especially at ISO 1600. My new screen is not calibrated until tomorrow but I have checked the contrast and brightness and it seems spot on. For me the detail is good in the head and thorax, the detail is equally good in the white flower.
I like the composition and the indistinct green area behind the subject, I really like this image very much, one to be proud of!

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2013, 07:03 PM
That is a beautiful butterfly, love the pale blue on it! Neat flower perch too. The BG looks good but I'm wondering if you could have shifted your position a tad to get the green out (or if you could have put more green in by placing more leaves and such back there). Just a bit of processing artifacts to clean up in upper right corner and along top edge.

LinzRiverBalmer
10-15-2013, 11:10 PM
well I'm glad I read Daniel's post before I responded, I was trying to figure out how to say what I was seeing.

So I agree with him that there are some "processing artifacts to clean up" I'm seeing them upper RHC, LLC, horizontally in line with the top wing, and at the very top of the green behind the antennae.

Other than that... I love the BG colors and feel.

The butterfly is gorgeous and I like the softness, the perch is also extremely well lit and processed with the butterfly.

Nice job

Satish Ranadive
10-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Thank you all for the feed back and your beautiful words.Agree with all of you about artifact,I will take of it.

Daniel Sir, There was no chance to move on either side,because there was water all around and it was quite deep.This small bush is on the side of mound.

Jonathan, I am still learning the macro. Thanks you liked it.

Regards,
Satish.