PDA

View Full Version : Thekla Lark

Richard Unsworth
10-14-2013, 02:36 PM
:S3:

Maybe a Crested, not sure, difficult to ID

I had gone to change our water filters when this cute guy landed close by. I was able to hide behind the water tank and get down low for the shot.
Normally these are hard to get close to and will shoot up out of the grass. The area is covered in sheep poo, so a nice place to get down!

Processed in CC

iso 640 1/2500 f5.6 HH Manual Exposure
7D 100-400

hennieloots
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Hi Richard - I like the nice low angle, the alert pose and the DOF with good IQ where you want to see it. I like the way the bird pops from the oof bg. The vegetation on the LHS adds nicely to the comp for me. I would humbly suggest NR to the BG. IMO I would consider a liitle bit rotation CW. The bird may have been standing on a bit of a slope, but get the feeling it is leaning to the LHS just a bit to much. Very nice image I enjoyed looking at. TFS.
Cheers
Hennie

Richard Unsworth
10-15-2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks Hennie

So I have rotated clockwise, and applied NR to BG
Looks really nice!

hennieloots
10-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Hi Richard - Thank you very much for doing the repost. I think it looks great. Well done.
Cheers
Hennie

Richard Unsworth
10-15-2013, 06:37 AM
My pleasure Hennie, and thank you for your input

shane shacaluga
10-15-2013, 09:30 AM
RP looks better

I also get confused with these 2 species as I find both in my area. Nice low angle and BG works well. Maybe a bit more headturn to grab a catchlight in the eye would have been the icing on the cake

TFS

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I like the setting, earthy tones, pose, low angle. I just wish you had a better light angle to better light the face behind the eye.