PDA

View Full Version : Black-capped Chickadee.

Karl Egressy
10-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Shot locally Saturday morning.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS II.
ISO 400
f 7.11/500 s
fill flash

Satish Ranadive
10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Spectacular image. Very nicely composed within the branches. Wonderful exposure, great details,nice lights, lovely BG.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

Vivaldo Damilano
10-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Excellent golden light. Great perch and framing. The bird pops so nicely.

Frank Schauf
10-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Perfect comp and light, nice work.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Super perch, cute lil bird and nice light Karl, well done!

Stu Bowie
10-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi Karl, the bird is nicely framed between the off shoots, and just love how the head is pointing in the direction of the off shoot in front of him, and the tail follows the same direction behind. Well exposed and sharp, and I certainly cant fault the colour of your BG.

One of your better images Karl. :cheers:

Danny Laredo
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Sweet all around Image Karl.

vishaljadhav
10-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Great exposure, i love the colours in the frame , the BG sets up the bird nicely and the red leaves add a lot of life to the image
the details are perfect

Marina Scarr
10-14-2013, 01:36 PM
A very sweet image. Love the colors. Great use of flash.

Karl Egressy
10-14-2013, 02:05 PM
A very sweet image. Love the colors. Great use of flash.
Thanks, Marina. This is one of the situations when fill flash makes a difference.

Morkel Erasmus
10-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Great image design. BG, colours, perch, sharpness all work well. I don't mind the head angle here as it gels with the perch branch direction like Stu mentioned.

hennieloots
10-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi Karl - TFS this lovely image. The pose, composition and BG are just great. I love the details visible in the feathers. The colored leaves adds plenty to an already spectacular image.
Cheers
Hennie

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Such brilliant colors and awesome detail. I love how this little sweetie is zoned in on something down there! BG looks a little funny on my monitor. Did you use any NR on it?

Karl Egressy
10-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Such brilliant colors and awesome detail. I love how this little sweetie is zoned in on something down there! BG looks a little funny on my monitor. Did you use any NR on it?
Thanks, Cheryl.
I used Topaz Denoise 5 RAW-lightest or Light at the very beginning of the PP on the whole image.
I usually separate the subject and the background and deal with them as separate layers.
This time out of laziness I did not do it instead, I sharpened the whole image.
Could you be more specific as to what you see please.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks, Cheryl.
I used Topaz Denoise 5 RAW-lightest or Light at the very beginning of the PP on the whole image.
I usually separate the subject and the background and deal with them as separate layers.
This time out of laziness I did not do it instead, I sharpened the whole image.
Could you be more specific as to what you see please.

Hi Karl. What I see is mostly lower left corner. artifacts from blur or NR or such. It creates soft lines in a circular pattern. Does anyone else see these?

Sidharth Kodikal
10-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Sweet bg, sweet light and perfect exposure, Karl. I'd have liked a bit more head turn, but no biggie. Is the catchlight real?

Karl Egressy
10-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Sweet bg, sweet light and perfect exposure, Karl. I'd have liked a bit more head turn, but no biggie. Is the catchlight real?
Thanks Sidharth. I you consider the catch light put in by the fill flash then it is real.

Karl Egressy
10-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi Karl. What I see is mostly lower left corner. artifacts from blur or NR or such. It creates soft lines in a circular pattern. Does anyone else see these?
Thanks again, taking your time Cheryl. I don't see anything unusual there. Maybe it is just the pattern of the light on the background. I did not use blur just NR.

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Rich colours, beautful fall setting and warm light make this very appealing. I see what Cheryl means, there is a bit of posterization there. I guess I'm the only one who would prefer a better HA, but I still enjoy the image very much.

Jim Crosswell
10-16-2013, 08:50 AM
I like the pose, details, sharpness, perch and BG colour. Well done Karl.