PDA

View Full Version : DAHLIA

gary ellwein
10-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Nikon D3s, Nikkor Macro 200mm, f8, 1/200, iso 200.

Mitch Haimov
10-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Another nice dahlia image, Gary. You did a good job of avoiding clipping at the edges. I like how the colors become more muted as we move back through the frame. My only reservation is with the DOF--I certainly have no problem with softness in flower images (softness worked very well in your prior dahlia thread and my dahlias in this forum have very shallow DOF), but I think the nearest petals in this one want to be sharp. Is this one from Swan Island?

gary ellwein
10-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Mitch, thanks for the look and critique. This is from Artie and Denise's Swan Island Dahlia Farm IPT. A good time was had by all.

Arthur Morris
10-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey Gary, For me the focus is right where it should be. I like the foreground softness. I'd wish only for a tad more room above and below. Love to you and to Lynn.

Steve Maxson
10-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi Gary. I like the soft light and the pleasing mix of colors. Good sharpness where you most need it and good job of not clipping the tips of any petals. Very well done!

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Oh I like this lots. I like the flame-like motif of the twisting and turning petal tips, and the yellows make the flower seem like it is glowing (especially the top 2/3 of the image). Super!

LinzRiverBalmer
10-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Nothing about this one I don't like, beautifully done, and very real..... I think the soft FG lend to reality well, it's extremely hard with flowers, the slightest breeze moves a petal.

Literally I can't find one thing I don't like, great job.