PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for my turn.

Oscar Zangroniz
05-09-2008, 08:14 AM
This lovely lady is a resident of Flamingo Gardens rehabilitation center.One of her legs was injured and she just stood there on one leg waiting for her time to get her picture taken.

Nikon D300
Sigma 50-500mm
Focal length: 370mm
Shutter speed: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 9
ISO: 500
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment

Thank you for your comments and critiques.
Regards,

Gus Cobos
05-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi Oscar,
This is a pretty lady. I would like to see the background much lighter. Your lady's eye is too dark and she needs more room on top of the frame. Her eye is too dark, needs to be lightened...:D

Sid Overbey
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Nice portrait Oscar. I agree with Gus it appears very dark on my monitor.

Sid

Harold Davis
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
nice capture, oscar!! i worked on it a little for ya. same as in lance's post, i just selected the bird itself and lightened it. added just a tad bit of USM to the entire image. there seems to be a halo around the bird, but it was there from the start. i like the muted dark bg.

if you watch your histogram, you can tell that the image was underexposed. try to get some more data to the right side of the chart without it climbing the far right wall. the head angle could be a bit better too. other than that, i like it!!

have a nice day!!

Alfred Forns
05-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I like the crop, head position and sharpness Oscar. Do think the original was underexposed. Harold did a good job but you can see the noise starting to creep in !!! Always trust the histogram !!!