PDA

View Full Version : There be Crocs here

Morkel Erasmus
10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Just a fun landscape from the Chobe river in Botswana. I haven't been able to make many new landscape images of late so I'm digging through the archives from early in the year.
Shot from our Wild Eye photographic boat, we pulled up right beside this massive Nile Crocodile...
I wish he was facing this way...but what can you do? :S3:

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 @ 24mm
f11 | 1/160 SS | ISO-640

Cheryl Slechta
10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi, Morkel, this looks like the banks on LaChua Trail on Paynes Prairie State Preserve in Florida although our big guys are gators.:S3:

dankearl
10-14-2013, 12:40 AM
A head on view would have been superb.
This is attractive though, has a tranquil look for a Croc photo....

shane shacaluga
10-14-2013, 03:14 AM
Love the colours on this one.

The reflections of the clouds on the water and the vibrant greens a beautiful

Can you comment on the size of this croc?

If it was my image I would try cropping the top of the image to slightly below your watermark.

TFS

Andrew McLachlan
10-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi Morkel, a very nice croc-scape...if it were mine I might be tempted to crop the top most clouds off for a blue sky along the top edge. Look forward to more from Wild Eye boat!

Anette Mossbacher
10-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Hi Morkel,

I wish he was facing this way...but what can you do?
Jump around and make faces, than it turns around :bg3:
Nice Landscape. What about going a bit more to the left? Possible or would you have gone be eaten by it?

The clouds are great and overall scene.

Have a great eve

Ciao
Anette

LinzRiverBalmer
10-22-2013, 06:25 AM
well sheesh I thought I had posted on this one, sorry to be late.

Love it, what was he 20 feet something like that?? How close were you??

I like this entire image, it's all very inviting. Of course me being the crazy girl see that image and want to do go crocodile wrestling, he's in the perfect position.

Again I'm odd and big critters don't scare me, I have respect for them but no fear, blame my parents for raising me with a tiger (belonged to a friend for rescue awareness).