PDA

View Full Version : Fly Agaric

Jonathan Ashton
10-13-2013, 03:57 AM
Canon 50D, Canon 180mm macro, tripod MLU, ISO 100 1/40 sec, f11
All C&C welcome.

Stu Bowie
10-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Hi Jon, good choice of comp, and this has a great 3D feel. Great detail on the stem, and I like how the reds and whites go together.

Mitch Haimov
10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Another cool 'shroom, Jon. Good sharpness and texture on your subject. The bits of moss are appealing. f/11 brought up a lot of BG detail, but you could soften it if so inclined. Stacking with a wider aperture could have worked here, or painting in the BG from another exposure.

Arthur Morris
10-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Interesting mushroom and sharp. Overall looks a bit dark. BKRG too busy for me. I once saw a mushroom shooter who said that his average clean-up time--with long tweezers, was more than two hours.... Getting lower if possible would have helped soften the BKGR.

gary ellwein
10-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Good detail and color. Agree with others relative to the busy bg.

Jonathan Ashton
10-15-2013, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate your viewpoint regarding the background, but this is where the mushroom grows - on busy woodland ground. I did a little patching here and there of distracting highlights but I wanted to retain the natural surroundings.

shane shacaluga
10-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Nice shot Jonathan. Never taken much time to shoot mushrooms but as the season is approaching I will try a few and see how I get on

Love the reds and whites and details on the stem. The green foreground also gives it that extra touch

TFS

Steve Maxson
10-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi Jon. Nice low shooting angle and good sharpness and detail on the mushroom. You might try toning down some of the brightest areas of the background - this would focus more of our attention on the mushroom itself while still giving us a feel for the habitat. Overall, this is very well done!