PDA

View Full Version : Marbled Orb Weaver

Allen Sparks
10-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Canon 7D, 300 f4 IS, 1.4x TC II...ISO 800, f9, 1/200s, HH... Took a long walk this morning and found this guy spinning his web. Relatively dark conditions, thus the high ISO (and BG noise)

Diane Miller
10-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Wonderful under any conditions -- extra points for getting it in low light handheld! Great color and composition. I wouldn't even have noticed the noise.

Mitch Haimov
10-12-2013, 06:52 PM
That's a very cool spider, Allen! Looks like it has a mushroom growing on its abdomen. Comp works very well and you did an excellent job of finding POV that made the best possible use of your limited DOF--a tremendous amount of this critter is sharp. And I don't suppose it was sitting still posing for you, so quite an accomplishment.

BillTyler
10-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Interesting subject, beautiful lighting, great composition, excellent DOF. I especially like the patterns on the abdomen.

Bill

Steve Maxson
10-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi Allen. This is a very colorful spider giving you a nice pose against a clean background. Very good sharpness for HH the equivalent of a 670 mm lens at only 1/200! Also, nice light and comp. A little NR on the background will take this one over the top!

Arthur Morris
10-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Crazy looking spider. I love the way that you paralleled the thorax and those hairy legs. If you have been able to compose so that the center line through the body was coming in from the corner it would likely have been more powerful. Some fill flash might have helped as well.

gary ellwein
10-15-2013, 12:07 AM
I would title this sitting on top of the world. Impressed with the percentage of the image in focus. Well done.

LinzRiverBalmer
10-15-2013, 11:35 PM
nice shot, have not seen the marbled version of these before.

they are fun to shoot, and if you get them at night they do pose, I have an hours worth of one sitting in her web in the middle of the night, she never moved.

They are most intriguing and I love their webs.

Very well done all around, some fill flash or perhaps burn down on the brightest spot on top of her yellow might match the feel and tones a bit more.

Satish Ranadive
10-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Wonderful image, nice looking spider with beautiful colors.Very nice details.Beautiful composition too.

Regards,
Satish.