Ken Watkins
05-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Taken In Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
Canon EOS 1D MkII N
500m F4 IS hand held
F5.6, ISO 400, 1/1600

Blake Shadle
05-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Ken! You did an excellent job creating this image. The exposure and composition are right on. I hope you don't mind the repost. I removed the distracting element in the foreground, removed the two gray lines to the top right of your subject as well as a few branches on the left side of the frame. I also added a bit of Unsharp Mask to the image. Some may consider this a lot of PhotoShop work, I consider it enough to make the subject more prominent and have the needed impact. Thanks for sharing!

Jeffrey Sipress
05-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Cute guy, and I agree with the cleanup. Perhaps a bit more would even be better.

Ken Watkins
05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the comments, I agree the second post is a lot better than my original. I am not that great at cloning, but hopefully will improve.

Blake Shadle
05-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the comments, I agree the second post is a lot better than my original. I am not that great at cloning, but hopefully will improve.

Ask any questions that may help you improve. That's why we're here!

Van Hilliard
05-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I too thought it could do with even more sharpening. The photo as originally posted was good but benefitted from the additional work. It has an almost dreamlike quality that I really like.

Daniel Cadieux
05-12-2008, 07:32 PM
The image was quite cute and striking to begin with, and Blake's repost only made it even better. If only there were some sort of a catchlight in the eye! :-)