PDA

View Full Version : impressionistic view of my garden

Valerio Tarone
10-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Yes,I know the FG is OOF,that's impressionistic pictures feature. Last july. A dwarf lavender, santolin, lycnis coronaria.
NIkkor 70-200 at 185mm f9 1/125 matrix metering
in PP I first made a reset of wb giving sunlight and warmer colors. Levels and curves, sharpening and overlay in opacity.
Comments appreciated.

Jonathan Ashton
10-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Valerio it is a good idea, I like the range of colours and the image catches my attention. Unfortunately it does not give me anything to "hold onto". My eyes keep roving around and the pale stems of the red flowers eventually become dominant, to the detriment of the image perhaps?. If the lavender is "key" i.e. one of the dominant components I think the scene would need a little recomposing. I am sorry I am no artist and I am not creative - don't take my comments to heart - hey what do I know?

Valerio Tarone
10-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Thank you Jonathan, yes . Since some month I've been trying something similar,but with scarce results. I had my idea also as I saw one by Maurizio Biancarelli. Yes the color is centrated on the centre , I suppose is due to an aberration of the nikkor 70-200.On th other side f9 should be a good choice.