PDA

View Full Version : Green Bee-eater: Pair.

Satish Ranadive
10-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Image was created today morning. Cropped for composition and sharpened.Few OOF branches from the BG are removed.

ISO: 400, 1/2000 @ F: 5.6. Exposure bias: +0.7.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.
Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Ashley Cohen
10-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Looks fantastic well caught. Greens are a bit strong perhaps and the sharpening maybe a little bit too much, but looks good otherwise.

gail bisson
10-08-2013, 01:28 PM
This is lovely Satish. I really like the two birds side by side and the different head angles . Good composition.
I agree with Ashley re" the greens" and I might try desaturating them a bit in selective colors or with curves.
Gail

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-08-2013, 05:05 PM
What a nice pair! I disagree about the greens. Perhaps, the lack of an attached color profile is the problem. There is a bit of a halo, though, indicating over sharpening. Detail would be retained without too much sharpening. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-

David Salem
10-10-2013, 12:31 AM
I like this Satish. Both birds have good HAs and a nice side by side pose and the colors look good to me. Maybe back off on the sharpening just a little. Well done

Rich Reich
10-10-2013, 06:02 AM
The two birds looking in different directions makes this a strong composition. Excellent perch and clean background. It can see that it may be a bit over sharpened but I like the strength of the green. Great capture!

Satish Ranadive
10-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Thank you all for the feed back and comments.Agree about colors and sharpening.I will reprocess the RAW file.Regards,Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
10-10-2013, 09:40 AM
I like the greens, they are nice and vibrant. The opposite head angles are very neat and the central vertical comp works well with that. Too bad about the extra branch going up, but not a deal breaker. There are a few smudges (residual processing?) in botton right corner to clean up.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-10-2013, 12:06 PM
This is a sweet image Satish. Having seen these birds IRL, I think the greens are excellent. Love the two opposing HAs. Agree with Dan re. the extra branch and that it's not a deal breaker. Nicely done sir.

Loi Nguyen
10-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Satish, love this, good comp, nice colors. I saw a little bit of noise in the bottom half of the birds that are in shadow. You may want to selectively run NR just that portion. Well done. Loi

Stu Bowie
10-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Hi Satish, great double, and I really like how they are looking in opposite directions. The colours look fine as is.