PDA

View Full Version : Curve-billed Thrusher.

Karl Egressy
10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Inspired by Daniel's beautiful Green Heron image, I decidet to share this image with you.
I always liked it but never posted it.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4.0 L IS +1.4x
ISO 320
f8.0
1/1600 s (lots of light available in NM.)

Dan Busby
10-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Great inspiration from Daniel and a terrific follow-up Karl. Fantastic techs and comp. Love the bit of sky showing.

Marina Scarr
10-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Like this presentation a lot, Karl. The sky and vegetation showcases this portrait well. Gotta love that eye and calling pose. I would also love to see this as a small in the frame bird.

Richard Flack
10-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Cool image Karl. Agree with Marina's comment. Would be great to see this as a small in the frame bird. TFS

Lyle Gruby
10-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Great IQ, love that yellow eye, love the open beak and HA. That OOF branch coming up the neck is pretty distracting to me though.

Miguel Palaviccini
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Karl,

Very well executed! I find it a bit tough to focus in situations like this (I have to manually override sometimes) so I can definitely appreciate the technique! It would be neat to see it small in the frame, but I like it as is too!

Miguel

Daniel Cadieux
10-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Ha ha, love the surprised look on this fella!! The yellow eye is beautiful. The larger oof piece on the neck distracts, but I like the rest of the setting, and I'm glad my Green Heron picture was able to provide some inspiration for you!:S3:

Satish Ranadive
10-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Fabulous image, Karl. Every thing has been said about this image.
Love the details,open beak and beautiful eye.

Regards,
Satish.

Girish Prahalad
10-08-2013, 01:53 AM
like the comp here. details & pose are excellent.

LinzRiverBalmer
10-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Great shot of my favorite backyard species.

They do love the sun here in NM, glad you were able to capture one.

Have to ask, what is his camo bush he was using?? Doesn't appear to be cactus.

They aren't very easy to capture, usually mouth open, or third eyelid shut.

I'm betting this one was actively digging at something on the ground with his beak, I have countless OOF pictures of them banging food on the ground.

Like all except the big OOF weed on the upper neck.

Karl Egressy
10-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Great shot of my favorite backyard species.

They do love the sun here in NM, glad you were able to capture one.

Have to ask, what is his camo bush he was using?? Doesn't appear to be cactus.

They aren't very easy to capture, usually mouth open, or third eyelid shut.

I'm betting this one was actively digging at something on the ground with his beak, I have countless OOF pictures of them banging food on the ground.

Like all except the big OOF weed on the upper neck.

Thanks Linz River. Unfortunately I can't tell you the name of the shrub as I don't know it. This image was taken at the Visitor Center of Bosque Del Apache last December if I remember right.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Excellent "expression" on this guy. Great light and details. Love the hint of blue on the top. Very well seen and executed Karl.

David Salem
10-10-2013, 12:50 AM
Like everything about this one except the piece of veg on the neck area. Everything else looks great. Well done Karl

adrian dancy
10-10-2013, 02:26 AM
Over all I love the effect. Nice work Karl.