PDA

View Full Version : CF Card Formatted by Mistake - Need Help!!!

Loi Nguyen
10-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi, I made a fatal mistake today. Went to Bolsa Chica State Beach in CA to practice shooting BIF. The terns were active and the light wasn't too bad. I went home and downloaded the files from my 1DX to an external hard drive, but did not check whether ALL of the images were successfully downloaded before I formatted the card. Somehow only about 1/2 of the images on the card got downloaded :(. I tried to download a free version of Cardrecovery software, but it couldn't recover any files. Please suggest a software that you trust.

Thank you!

Loi

gail bisson
10-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi Loi,
What brand is the CF card?

Loi Nguyen
10-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi Loi,
What brand is the CF card?

Hi Gail, it is a Lexar Professional 1000X 32GB CF UDMA7

thank you for your help.

Loi

Marina Scarr
10-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I use Rescue Pro by Sandisk and it has worked for me on at least 5 occasions. I would image that it will work for a Lexar CF card as well. I got mine when I purchased one of my SanDisk cards. Otherwise, not sure how to find one. You WILL have your images back!!!

arash_hazeghi
10-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Use Rescue Pro it works for Lexar too.

If you formatted in camera and did nothing else, data is still there. If you must recover data at any cost there are recovery services (usually expensive) that can salvage your data.

gail bisson
10-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I too have successfully saved some images on my Lexar card (twice) with RescuePro.
As long as you formatted in camera and did not take any new pics on the card you should be good to go,
Gail

Loi Nguyen
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Great news. Thank you Marina, Arash, and Gail. I will find a copy of RescuePro. Loi