PDA

View Full Version : Soft and Sweet in Tanzania

Arthur Morris
10-05-2013, 07:18 PM
This image was created at Tarangire National Park on last August's Summer Safari with the Todd-Pod mounted Canon 600mm f/4L IS II lens with the 1.4X III TC and the EOS-1D X. ISO 800. Evaluative metering +1 2/3 stops: 1/250 sec. at f/9 in Av mode.

One row above and two sensors to the right of the central sensor/AI Servo Rear Focus AF on bird's neck active at the moment of exposure. Click here if you would like to read the Rear Focus Tutorial.

DPP conversion (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=359). Removed some dead leaves from the lower left corner of the frame.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.

If you would like to join us in Tanzania next summer please shoot me an e-mail. You can see lots of my African images by scrolling down at the blog.

Karl Egressy
10-05-2013, 08:25 PM
The detail and texture are fantastic, perfect exposure.
Love the fine perch and the light colors overall presentation.
The open beak adds interest.
This Lilac Roller must be one of the most colorful birds, that is.

prasanna av
10-05-2013, 10:15 PM
love the colours.
Would have liked the eyes to be transparent.Appears a bit hazy.

MohsenVahedipour
10-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Great details & exposure. Nice composition & perch. TFS

Arthur Morris
10-06-2013, 04:12 AM
love the colours. Would have liked the eyes to be transparent.Appears a bit hazy.

Thanks. No clue as to what you are talking about with the hazy eyes...

Frank Schauf
10-06-2013, 04:50 AM
Beautiful and colorful image. Sharp and well composed.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Excellent exposure, pose and sharp details. Like the dainty, dried perch too. Looking forward to more!

gail bisson
10-06-2013, 03:56 PM
I really like this. In fact, I think it might be one of my favorite image of yours.
The soft light and eye level POV really make this image for me. Feather detail is excellent.
I like the simplicity of the image. I also like the line created by the perch. Love the dead leaf.
In a perfect world the tail would have been more parallel to the sensor but I still very much like it as is.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
10-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Love the subdued light quality, the colours, comp. The leaf is added gravy on this otherwise simple (in a good way) design.

Satish Ranadive
10-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Arthur Sir,
Spectacular image with wonderful colors and lovely details.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

shane shacaluga
10-07-2013, 04:50 AM
Super details and colours on this roller. A usual a great image

TFS