PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Iris

Kerry Perkins
10-03-2013, 10:11 PM
From the front yard.

Hello all, I'm slowly working my way back to a state of useful brain function, after surgery last Tuesday. I'm still not much use for critiques, but I wanted to post an image or two to get back in the saddle. Cutting back on the percocet slowly... :c3:

I used Nik Detail Extractor on this flower that I had placed on a black bg in PS.

LinzRiverBalmer
10-04-2013, 01:35 AM
very beautiful and simple. will have to look at this detail extractor.

almost angelic colors here, the black background adds to this, love it.

glad to see you are on the mend.

Percocet is nasty stuff, I don't know how people get hooked on it. I took 2 after a surgery once and was out for 18 hours.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
10-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Kerry,

Great to see a post from you. I particularly like the color of this one orange-blue & purple with a hint of green, classic color contrast makes it pop.

Take it easy.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Grahame Hamblin
10-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Nice image most people over use detail extractor wonder how it would look in high key
Grahame

Anita Bower
10-06-2013, 05:21 AM
This is a beauty! The gorgeous shapes stand out due to the simplicity of the image. Lovely colors. I like it on the black bg. Glad to know you are mending.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Nice delicate detail and colours Kerry. The blacks sows of the flower so well. Nice to see you post. Continued improvement!

Christopher Miller
10-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Beautiful photo, Kerry. I've never seen an iris like that before; it looks like three flowers layered on top of one another. Beautiful colors and the black is the perfect BG. I might reduce the bluish color on the top petal just so it better matches the others. Take care of yourself! :S3:

Diane Miller
10-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Very nice! I love the color and detail, and it really jumps off that BG. I like that the flower is slightly angled. I think this is one that would also do well with a square crop.

Take your time healing! We'll muddle along.

Cheryl Slechta
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Hi, Kerry, glad to see you posting. Like Linz, I took 1 percocet once for a sprained ankle in college and slept for at least 18 hours. My roommate was getting ready to call 911. Hope you continue to improve. We miss you:S3: