PDA

View Full Version : Hello There!

Christopher Miller
10-03-2013, 08:57 PM
One of my favorite elephant shots from my zoo trip. This elephant was right at the fence and one of the zookeepers had her pose for those of us watching.

I had to clone out two fence cables that were in front of the elephant. I used one of my textures to replace the BG, and then added two Shadowhouse textures and one tintype texture. One of the textures I applied using the color blend mode to mute the colors and give it a bit of a sepia tone. I also added a slight blur overlay.

Diane Miller
10-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Quite a pose! She looks very willing to oblige. Like the color and texture treatment.

Mitch Carucci
10-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Who doesn't like elephants? Great pose, and your processing created an image that could have been taken in the wild.

dankearl
10-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Outstanding pose.
This would look great without the weathered PP as well.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Like your processing Christopher, I think b and w would make a nice treatment too.

Christopher Miller
10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Thanks Diane, Mitch, Dan, Jackie for your comments! Much appreciated. Jackie, I originally had processed this as a sepia toned image using Silver Efex before deciding to go with the color instead. Here is the sepia version for comparison.

Judy Howle
10-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Both versions are very nice but I like the color version best. Very nice texture work and a great pose.

Cheryl Slechta
10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Christopher, you have gotten some really nice zoo images. I was wondering if they were fenced but now I know:S3: I like both versions but I think I'd remove that one square spot about 2/3 of the way up on the left side just inside the framing.:S3:

Christopher Miller
10-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks Judy and Cheryl! Cheryl, thanks for pointing out that spot, I will remove it.