PDA

View Full Version : little blue

Rene Quenneville
05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Following some comments from BPN members, I just bought a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro lens. Thank you all for the recommendation. It is a sharp lens! I am amazed at the picture quality.

Here is a picture from my first field trip with the lens.

1/250 s
f/8
iso 400
150 mm
using fill flash

Please give me your feedback

Dave Phillips
05-08-2008, 06:16 PM
very nice Rene, congrats on the new glass.

This sure looks like it might go as a vertical.....nice color sat

Also might try a little less sharpening on the petals......just me thinking out loud

Robert O'Toole
05-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Crop is different but I like it, the colors and details are nice.

These flowers are tiny for those that are not familiar.

Congrats on the new lens! that lens is one of my Favs.

Robert

Gayle Clement
05-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Very beautiful. The flower looks sugared.

John Cooper
05-09-2008, 12:49 AM
A very attractive flower Rene but a vertical composition with the stem framed on the diagonal would work best for me.

Ed Vatza
05-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Great lens Rene. I've been using the Sigma 150 and the 70 quite a bit of late and love them both.

I guess I have to agree with some of the other comments. While I think the flowers themselves look great, I find something about the direction to be a bit unsettling. When I first looked at it, I was seeing a flowering garland of some type. Vertical might be better.

Gus Cobos
05-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Very nicely done Rene, I like the details on the flower...:) For my taste however, I would shoot vertical...:D
CONGRATS on a job well done...:D

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi Rene,
Congrats on the new lens........they sure are fun! As I agreed with the above compositional comments......i took the image into PS to give an example of what we are all talking about (hope you don't mind)........as it is sometimes easier to see than explain verbally. This composition would have been easy & more beneficial to achieve in the field by simply rotating the camera.......as from the above original........i had to rotate and add pallette just to show the visual example. Let me know what you think.