PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Weed - update

Mitch Carucci
09-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Well, the pod opened, and a beautiful flower emerged! I missed the first one, but caught this one early this morning. It opens very early and is completely closed by mid afternoon. I don't know if it will re-open tomorrow. I suspect it is a one day flower, but will watch for it to see if it re-opens. There are other pods that I hope will also produce flowers.

Nikon D7000 with Tokina 100mm macro @5.6. image stack (4). I should have had more images, so certain focal planes are a bit soft. I did do some background clean up on this one.

Nancy Bell
09-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Mitch, Fantastic that you posted this follow-up image. Do you know what this is? Very nice composition with the flower and blossom leaning opposite directions but equally in focus. I would like to see a little more light on the flower to bring out those rich red colors. And I would consider reducing that bright spot in the UR.

BillTyler
09-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Beautiful flower, and I like seeing the closed bud next to it. Great work to get them both sharp.

Bill

Mitch Haimov
09-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Good job on this one, Mitch. This is a stronger image than your first post of this interesting subject. You may want to dodge the flower and burn the upper corners.

Jonathan Ashton
10-01-2013, 07:42 AM
I like the image very much the detail in the flower is good, I have some reservations over the greens in the background they appear rather dense/dark. Having said that the greens in the stem and leaf in the foreground look fine to me.