PDA

View Full Version : greening the city

Valerio Tarone
09-29-2013, 10:03 AM
This is not naturephotography,it's architecture, I saw You accept city landscapes.
Zoom 17-35mm iso320 f4 1/100 wb :shadow evaluative met.
In pp I've been working,probably, not on curves-levels,sharpness, also on shadow-highlights.
C&C.

Morkel Erasmus
10-02-2013, 04:21 AM
I like the view through the arch here, Valerio. Cityscapes are most welcome indeed. Though I know little of shooting cityscapes personally because we have few "pretty" cities in South Africa. I would try and punch up midtone contrast and exposure a bit in the background so it stands out a bit more. Where was this? What's the back-story?

Valerio Tarone
10-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Morkel Yes,thank you: as I've been in SA I know there is great nature and few cities! I need a lot of time to go 'in the field'....and the wildlife is scarce and scared. I upload one with more punch, contrast in the fg. Selfcritic to myself: the arc should be seen entirely.
Of course..see you.

Cheryl Slechta
10-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi, Valerio, this looks like an enchanting place to visit. I would be nice if you could see more of the arc and I think you have some color chromatic (purple) in the upper area around the vines. That could be easily fixed in LR.:S3: Whee is this?

Valerio Tarone
10-08-2013, 02:09 PM
hi, Cheryl. Probably you have would write 'where is ?' or not? Arsenal of the peace in Turin was the greatest firm of weapons of southern Europe in early past century.Now is a center for refugees from the wars. I agree that I wouls see more arc(the main line) I don't see color chroma too much,but I treated the area in PP as area of highlights. Thanks.