PDA

View Full Version : Rocks, Beehives and Leopard

vikram potdar
09-28-2013, 11:42 PM
This was taken in Bera in Rajasthan. (pronounced Beda) This is unique rocky hills habitat of leopards.
Nikon D4,
Nikkor 600 mm lens
f/4, 1/200s, -0.3 EV

BillTyler
09-29-2013, 12:28 AM
I like the depiction of the leopard in its environment. I'd suggest that if you print it, try printing it fairly large. The subject is small in the frame, as is necessary to show the environment, and its color and texture blend with the rock. In a small print, the leopard would not be easy to notice, yet it's the most important part of the image.

Bill

Andre Pretorius
09-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Hi Vikram

Love the depiction of habitat, but agree, the leopard gets lost. Maybe tighter crop from bottom and bit on top to still include bees?

Anette Mossbacher
09-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Hi Vikram,

this is a great image showing just all of the surrounding. I might would do a tighter crop as mentioned something like this!
WDYT?

Enjoy your weekend
Ciao
Anette

Rachel Hollander
09-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi Vikram - I'm a fan of animalscapes and the inclusion of habitat but I agree that the leopard is too small in the frame. I like what Anette has done in the rp. Is that a second leopard's back just to the left of the seated leopard?

TFS,
Rachel

Carl Walker
09-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi Vikram - I prefer your original post. For me the presentation I feel you are trying to portray here is the rocky habitat frequented by leopard. The fact that the animal is shown here adds to the scene. I like it a lot and it reminds me of similar habitat here. TFS

hennieloots
09-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi Vikram - I agree with most of the suggestions above and think the repost by Anette is an improvement. That said, I do think this is a great image and wonderful sighting you captured. I would have loved to see the leopard larger in the image but would hate to lose too much of this great colored and textured surroundings.
TFS, Cheers
Hennie

vikram potdar
09-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Thank you all for the appreciation and suggestions.
Rachel - No it is not a second leopard.
Annette - I like your RP.

Gregor Bergquist
09-30-2013, 02:19 AM
Hi Vikram

I really likes this one. I also like the OP better. For me the leopard problem is resolution. Small as it is, i think you can detect that it is not sharp/detailed. It doesn´t in my view get better with a tighter crop. Is this a crop from beginning?

Then I would suggest to take down exposure slightly to get more details, and in the green channel, add a bit saturation and less luminance.

TFS / Gregor

Morkel Erasmus
10-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Great setting - wish you were closer though? This would work best viewed LARGE I would say.
Anette's repost is the way to go...

edwardselfe
10-06-2013, 04:42 AM
Love it. Most things mentioned already, but I would try to get a bit more colour into the image - all looks a little flat to me. Perhaps play with selectively increasing colour saturation.
Ed