PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Weed

Mitch Carucci
09-26-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't know what this "weed" is, but I thought it was neat.

Nikon D7000 with 55mm f3.5 macro @ F5.6. Image stack (I think 11).

Diane Miller
09-26-2013, 09:08 PM
So do I!!! What do you use for stacking? I've recently discovered Zerene Stacker. It has some very advanced features and solves the "halo" problems I've had with PS and Helicon Focus.

It's a small point on a very compelling image, but what would you think about blurring the sharp leaf edge on the lower border?

I'd also think about the pinkish area in the UL, to make it more green.

Mitch Haimov
09-26-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't know what your weed is, but I like it. Do you have any more images from other angles? Looks like straight down might be interesting, and from a lower position (or lower and left) may have given you a cleaner BG.

Jonathan Ashton
09-27-2013, 04:21 AM
Well done, when taking images like this time is on your side so I would suggest a little gardening to tidy things up before pressing the shutter. I like the image and you have good detail. I am not too sure about the greens though - they look too saturated to me.

Nancy Bell
09-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Wonderful stacking effect on the blossom! I like the way it is angled into the image. I do agree that the bkgd could be tidied up some as suggested.

Mitch Carucci
09-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Diane,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will see if I can improve this a bit. I used Zerene Stacker on this image (30 day free trial) I am stilll getting used to it, and it does seem better than what I was using, but not yet sure if it is that much better. I need more experience with it.

M.

Mitch Carucci
09-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Mitch,

Here is another angle. Also, I have just added a pic of the flower that burst out of the pod.

Thanks for your suggestions.

M.

Mitch Carucci
09-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Jonathan,

Yes, on second thought, the greens look too Spring, and should be toned down.

Thanks.

M.

Mitch Carucci
09-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks Nancy. I will work to clean up the bkgd.

Diane Miller
09-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Zerene is very sophisticated and they have excellent tutorials on their web site. It looks to be much more capable and flexible than the other two, especially in handling the fuzzy halo areas where an edge overlaps another one some distance behind, and not that complicated to use. I'm hoping to find time to work with it soon. I haven't been shooting many kinds of stacks because of the halo issue.