PDA

View Full Version : Down for a bit...

Kerry Perkins
09-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Hi all, just wanted to let you know why I've been absent lately.

I had a recurrence of the disc herniation in my low back, this time it was very serious and the disc material had attached itself to the nerve bundle which was causing me excruciating pain. I had a second surgery on the lower spine today to correct the problem. They removed the herniated disc fragments and fused the vertebrae at L5-S1. With any luck you won't know what that means, but if you do you will understand why I am down for a little while. I need to devote all my energy to healing at this time and will not be posting much in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your understanding and support. Please welcome Nancy as a moderator and continue posting your amazingly creative images! :bg3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Kerry,

Sorry to hear about your back problems. Hope the surgery is successful & your recovery complete. Take care. I'll look forward to your return.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jackie Schuknecht
09-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Kerry, take it slow, and continue to heal. Your health is the number one issue. We are in good hands with Cheryl and Nancy. Take your time and don 't feel any pressure to post. Sending well-wishes your way.
Jackie

Cindy Cone
09-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Kerry,
So sorry to hear about your back issues; I do know enough to know how much pain you must have had. You definitely need to just care of yourself and let your body heal. Sending lots of good thoughts and energy your way.

Nancy Bell
09-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Kerry, take very good care of yourself! Looking forward to when you return, bright-eyed & bushy-tailed!

LinzRiverBalmer
09-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Oh yes don't push with a healing back. Good luck take your pain meds don't let the pain win.

Mitch Carucci
10-03-2013, 11:18 AM
We are all looking forward to your next post, and hope it will be soon. Stay well!