PDA

View Full Version : Verreaux Eagle - one of the most majestic eagles

Richard Flack
09-24-2013, 06:03 AM

This must be one of the most majestic eagles. (In hindsight I should have had my settings on a higher f stop but the speed of the encounter and on & off cloudy conditions did not allow). Still like the image though…. Look forward to your comments.

Date taken: 05 July 2013
Photo details:
Canon EOS 7D
400mm f2.8
ISO 400
Shutter speed 1/1000
F-stop 2.8
Exposure bias 0

Cropped 30%, small brightness/vibrance changes and some sharpening.

christopher galeski
09-24-2013, 06:22 AM
nice capture,I can see some noise in the BG.

Stu Bowie
09-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi Richard, I like the placement in the frame, and with good eye contact. Sweet colours in the BG too. Looking at your techs, I would have gone for some +EC, especially looking up and with a black subject. There is a bit of detail in the blacks, but having a +EC, you may have brought out more detail. I also feel you could do with some more sharpening. I agree with Richard regarding the noise in the BG.

Where did you capture this.

hennieloots
09-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi Richard - Very nice capture; all must have happened in a split second - kudos on getting the shot. I like the approaching pose and the sharpness and colors on the head and beak. I agree with your assessment that increased DOF would have been of benefit to the image. I would also have loved the Lt wing to be fully extended as it creates the impression IMO that the eagle is pushed from the eagle's LHS. I like the background but would agree on more NR needed.
TFS
Hennie

Richard Flack
09-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks so much for the comments and feedback Chris, Hennie and Stuart.
Stuart, it was Walter Sisulu. Have a great day!

arash_hazeghi
09-27-2013, 01:59 AM
You got him sharp. the blacks were underexposed and have no detail and wing position could be better. you got a nice BG BTW

TFS