View Full Version : Fritillary

OvidiuCavasdan
09-23-2013, 12:30 PM
40D, EF100 F2.8 Macro
Not sure about the ID, possible a Heath Fritillary
F10, 1/15sec, ISO 400, manual mode, tripod, morning light

Nancy Bell
09-23-2013, 01:27 PM
This is simply beautiful and so well done! Fabulous clean colors & sharp details on the butterfly. I especially like that large water drop it appears to be balancing on its head! Also a great line of waterdrops on the top of the wing. Add the very graceful perch and soft blurred tones in the bkgd, and you have it all!

Mitch Haimov
09-23-2013, 07:37 PM
VWD, Ovidiu. Excellent sharpness and detail on your subject and a sweet BG. If this were mine I would crop from the left such that the frame edge passes between the bud on the top of the perch and the one on the side facing us and a small amount from the bottom. Did you experiment with selective sharpening at the right end of the perch?

gary ellwein
09-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Good job in keeping all of the subject in the plane of focus. I like the soft curve of the perch, the water droplets and clean bg. Well done.

OvidiuCavasdan
09-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Thanks for comments. Mitch, you made a good point about croping from left a bit and also about selective sharpening the right end of the perch (I did not try to do it).

Jonathan Ashton
09-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Ovidiu, these early morning shots just make my mouth water, I absolutely love them. I think it is absolutely superb. I would not change a single thing!

shane shacaluga
09-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Super shot, great composition with lovely details on the main subject. Those water drops are wonderful

BG is great too

Agree with the mini crop on the left

TFS

Satish Ranadive
09-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Excellent image with wonderful colors,superb details, beautiful BG and composition.Love the water droplets along the edge of wing.Regards,Satish.