PDA

View Full Version : Glass Necklace European Dipper

christopher galeski
09-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Taken this morning,bit overcast,but these birds always seem to be in the shade,just raised its head out of the water with some food,managed to capture this with the water running off it.cannon 500mm IS L F4,7D,TRIPOD LOW, iso800,F5.6,1/400S,CROPPED,SHARRPENED,DENOISE in BG,lightened up a tad.thanks for looking.

Grace Scalzo
09-23-2013, 08:10 AM
This image has so much appeal. Beautiful bird with rich colors, nice green background, that "necklace" and the tiny meal. The one thing that distracts me is the large out of focus foreground. Wondering if you have room to put the bird lower in the frame, add to the top and right to balance, thus eliminating most of it.

Melissa Groo
09-23-2013, 12:43 PM
This is wicked cool. It really tells the story of the dipper's fishing. I might lighten the central dark spot in the foreground on the edge as it's a bit distracting, and I might try to bring out the dipper's eye a bit more somehow and perhaps sharpen it a tad more.

Stu Bowie
09-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Hi Chris, very well timed to have captured that necklace of water, it really takes the overall image up a few notches. I like your low shooting angle, great eye level capture, but has created a bit of unnecessary OOF FG. Good suggestion from Grace regarding the comp.

Daniel Cadieux
09-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Pretty neat behaviour and typical dipper "running water" habitat...this image shows a day in the life of this species quite well. I agree with the FG being a bit heavy here, cropping some off the bottom would help strengthen the comp IMO. A couple of samll blotches could be smoothed-up too in the BG (between the head and left edge).

Marina Scarr
09-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Killer behavior captured here and love the titles! I tried various crops. Here's what I finally settled on...not seeing the original or course. That large spot in the FG really does distract from your amazing action/behavior. The wave on the left really helps to tell the story.

christopher galeski
09-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Thankyou all for looking and comments,Marina like your crop and I will sort the bright spot in the FG.thanks again.