PDA

View Full Version : lake in the wood

Valerio Tarone
09-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Jonathan Ashton adviced me to use higher iso or broader aperture: here we are. 17-35 mm at 25mm f4 1/160 iso500 aperture priority wb :shadow
in pp curves, levels,sharpness,opacity. as I hadn't the GND filter with me(too far my car) I had to work on brightness of the sky. There are some branchs on the left: I don't mind, could be classified as'frame'. morkel:as I wrote ..!
comments.

dankearl
09-22-2013, 09:33 PM
I am not sure that Jonathan really meant to use higher iso for landscape?
You needed your filter here or I would just crop off the top.

Andrew McLachlan
09-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Hi Valerio, for this scene I think it would have been better to stop the lens down to increase your depth of field...maybe around f11 or f16. A polarizing filter would have help here as well and as you mention your grad filter. You could try using the grad filter in Nik's Color Efex to help with the sky. I find my eye keeps looking down at the branch along the bottom edge and I would like to reach out and move it out of the way. I make it a practice to scan the frame edges for such elements before clicking the shutter. Looking forward to more of your landscape work!

Valerio Tarone
09-24-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry not to can post another image, narrower frame, longitudinal ifiles doesn't work well.Thanks dankeerl, Andrew: I've forgotten to write: polarising filter(always). Yes, thank you.