PDA

View Full Version : Baird's Sandpiper

Sid Overbey
05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
A Solitary sandpiper walking along at Crabtree Nature Center in Barrington, IL. I like his reflection, but am not sure about the croping. Is there too much up top?
Nikon D70
300MM+1.7TC
ISO 320
1/500s
F/7.1
EV +.03
Aperature mode

Thanks for the comments.

Dan Brown
05-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Sid, I like the shot. I might crop a little off the top and add some contrast. Also, this is a Solitary Sandpiper, not a Baird's. Sandpipers are tough to ID sometimes.

Dan Brown,
Sacramento

Alfred Forns
05-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi Sid I wold have gone for a horizontal rather than vertical. I'm sure you were trying to work the reflection. When they are very strong is best to crop.

Need to straighten the horizon and bird also needs to turn his head a little more. The icing on the cake for this one would be the low angle which I know its not always possible.

You did very well with the exposure. Light was getting strong but the whites are good.!!! I also like the raised foot action !!!

Gus Cobos
05-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Very nice capture Sid I like it a lot, However it would look better if you just take a tad off the top of the frame; and yes, Like Al said the water line is a little lopsided...:D

Sid Overbey
05-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the comments and correctly identifying this guy. I am going to work on the crop and horizon. I appreciate the help.

Sid

Oscar Zangroniz
05-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Congrats Sid, excellent capture and background.
Regards,