PDA

View Full Version : Great bustard (Otis tarda)

Juan Aragonés
05-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Here is another image from my weekend after this magnificent birds. Hope you like and feel free to made your comments and critics.:)

Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 500+1,4XTC, tripod and WH, HSC mode, 1/500s f5,6 ISO320

Axel Hildebrandt
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Great pose, light and details. I remember the previous image and why it does not 'have' feet. :) I'm not familiar with this species but the white feathers have a slight blue cast on my monitor.

Juan Aragonés
05-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Great pose, light and details. I remember the previous image and why it does not 'have' feet. :) I'm not familiar with this species but the white feathers have a slight blue cast on my monitor.

Anyone has some images of bustard´s feet for sale? I need them :D Yes Axel you are right, I am glad that you remember my problem with the feet of the bustards. It was a real torture because this beauty gave to me a lot of photographing opportunities but he decided not to show its feet :(
The whithe feathers of the tail are really white on this species so if you see a little blue cast is for sure that it has (my main monitor is out of work and I am preparing the files for posting on monitor that is an archaeological jewel :D )

Blake Shadle
05-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Very well composed, Juan. I like the regal pose, and smooth background. There is a bit of blue cast to the whites, so I'm sure when your main monitor is working again this will look even better!

Dave Phillips
05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
very good critiques above.....super comp and bg. all the colors harmonize well(except the blue :) )

Jan Wegener
05-08-2008, 04:46 PM
another awesome shot in your series !
I wonder why these hides are so low, what the reason ?
It actually doesn't make any sense to me, as the vegetation is so high....

Arthur Morris
05-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Magnificent again. Love how the little sticker bushes balance the COMP. With the vegetation, you would need to be in a balloon to see the feet; I would rather the intimate perspective as here. And a big yes to the bluish cast.

DanWalters
05-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Great looking bird. Nice behaviour shot and the colors are very vibrant.

Maxis Gamez
05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
This is lovely Juan!! Que precioso!!

Love the head angle and elegant pose!

Raymond Barlow
05-09-2008, 10:22 PM
my goodness!! Wow, and congrats.

Gyorgy Szimuly
05-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I almost missed this superb image. Very angle and very nice bg.
Could not be better.

Szimi