PDA

View Full Version : Great spotted cucko (Clamator glandarius)

Juan Aragonés
05-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Several weeks ago I photographed this guy while I was looking for little bustards. My first GS cucko of this season and the first time I photograph one of them in flight. IYour comments and critics are highly appreciated :)

Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 300VR+1,4XTC Handheld from car, HSC mode, 1/2000s f4 ISO250

Blake Shadle
05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I love the design of this image, Juan! Great wing position that you've captured. I really like the DOF and how it works with the fence.

Lana Hays
05-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Juan
The first thing I noticed.....after the sharp bird was the DOF and the fence......a 3D appearance. Very different.......and pleasing. I really like how all this comes together. Well done.

Dan O'Leary
05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Juan - I think this is fantastic. The pose, light angle, catch light and background are amazing. The background has a dreamy, surreal feel that reminds me of artfully done cg imagery. If I could change anything I might add a bit more to the left and top. Really wonderful and very different image.

Gus Cobos
05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Great composition Juan,
Love the fence in the background. And like the downward wing position of your bird...:)