PDA

View Full Version : It's a jungle out there

Nancy Bell
09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Since this is OOTB I am using a liberal approach for the duotone, quadtone effect....hope this is o.k. Processed first in Pixel Bender, oil paint. I erased the effect from the face and fingers. Then Topaz Adjust 5, toned collection, brown. For the original image I, along with a group of others and a guide, spent hours looking for a troupe of chimpanzees in the hot, humid jungle of Rwanda. When we finally found them they stayed in the tops of very tall trees, surrounded by thick foliage. So that is the impression I want to convey with this image.

Cheryl Slechta
09-17-2013, 07:19 PM
The impression is conveyed perfectly Nancy. I think Oil Paint gives this an almost surreal look which goes well with your portrayal:S3:

Diane Miller
09-17-2013, 09:01 PM
It's like a jigsaw puzzle and then you discover the chimp -- well done! I love the touch of green amid the browns.

gary ellwein
09-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Nancy, I like the detailed chimp contrasting with the fluid bg. A most creative image.

Nancy Bell
09-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Thank you everyone. Appreciate that you got past the dark thumbnail!

LinzRiverBalmer
09-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Very impressive techniques, well done. I like it this way but would also like it for personal preference as a vertical, cropped to the left of the chimp without all the green.