PDA

View Full Version : porcelain berry

Mitch Carucci
09-16-2013, 03:29 PM
I think a type of wild grape.

Nikon D7000 with 55mm f3.5 macro @ F5.6. 10 image stack (should have been 11 as the forward tip of the leaf is not quite in focus).

christopher galeski
09-17-2013, 02:24 AM
very nice and colourful,always wondered were M and Ms came from.thanks.

Diane Miller
09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
A great subject and wonderfully done! The colors are amazing -- I've never seen anything like that.

I don't mind the slight softness of the front leaf -- makes it look more like a single exposure. I'm not so sure about the sharp leaf in the UR. It pulls my attention away from the incredible berries.

Nancy Bell
09-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Are these for real?! Fantastic colors!! Very nicely done stacking job. The OOF tip of the front leave is fine, especially since it is curved. But I do agree with Diane about the sharp leaf in the UR.

Jonathan Ashton
09-18-2013, 03:48 AM
Wow this is something else, never seen the like before! I like the composition and exposure and those berries or fruits are really eye catching making for a very interesting image. Some of the leaves on the right I may be tempted to remove but having said that I think I may just leave them , I think the image may look a little too tidy if this was done.

OvidiuCavasdan
09-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Outstanding colors, well composed, good job on stacking. I also might be tempted to remove the in focus leaf upper right, but this is a minor thing. I like this image a lot! Excellent!

Jason Stander
09-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Yummy... Astros (candy coated choc ball in my country) on a tree... I think overall this is great image... perfect exposure and detail... lovely dof and depth... WD Mitch!:w3

Steve Maxson
09-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi Mitch. Like the others, I don't think I've seen this plant before - those berries are amazing! Very nice job with the exposure, comp, background, and stacking. Here's another vote for removing the leaf in the URC. In an ideal world, I would wish that the light on the berries wasn't quite so bright - but otherwise, this is excellent work!

Satish Ranadive
09-22-2013, 02:16 AM
Marvelous image with magical colors and nice colors.

Regards,
Satish.