PDA

View Full Version : Orchid

Jackie Schuknecht
09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
My orchid is almost out in full bloom. Converted in NIK SEP, antique, then grayscale and applied a quadtone. It didn't have quite enough pink in it for my taste so I adjusted the amount of red in adjust colour cast in NIK. Pretty much full frame, just straightened a touch.

Cindy Cone
09-16-2013, 07:06 PM
I really like this, Jackie. Beautifully composed and presented. The tones are lovely - just enough pink. Well done.

Diane Miller
09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Lovely -- but I wish for just a little more detail in the orchids and /or separation from the BG.

But that's probably because I'm just jealous of anyone who can get an orchid to live long enough to re-bloom. :w3

Nancy Bell
09-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Very delicate. Love the repeating curves of the branches and each orchid petal. For me the large shape in the LLC is distracting. I think having that second branch just fade into the corner would be fine.

Cheryl Slechta
09-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi, Jackie, I love the sensual curves of the orchids and the toning is perfect for the image. I think cropping a little from the left to eliminate the shape in the LLC would work or just fading it as Nancy suggested.:S3:

Christopher Miller
09-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Lovely image, Jackie. I like the composition and the high-key presentation. The toning is perfect. I agree with Diane on trying to get a little more separation between the orchids and BG maybe by subtly darkening the BG behind each of the flowers.