PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Warbler

Joe Senzatimore
09-15-2013, 04:58 PM
I assume that it was the recent NW winds that brought us a nice variety of migrants , something we haven't had here in a few years. Maybe the patterns are changing again(one can only hope).

800ISO f8 at 1/2000th
cropped to vertical for presentation.

Bill Dix
09-15-2013, 05:02 PM
This is a beauty, Joe. Congrats on getting this species, which isn't an easy one. Love the pose and head angle. Great light and detail. Proportions are a little unusual but I can see why you cropped the way you did. Works for me.

Randy Stout
09-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Joe:

Looks nice, enough yellows in the leaves to pull it together with the bird.

Some small amounts of noise in the darker areas of the bg.

I know that the yellows aren't overexposed in the post, but there are a few areas on the breast where there is some loss of detail. Perhaps a bit hot in the original? Could probably do a little subtle patch work to cover this.

Handsome fellow.

Cheers

Randy

Brian E. Small
09-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Very nice Joe....................and FYI, this is actually a fall plumage Prairie Warbler. :w3

Joe Senzatimore
09-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Very nice Joe....................and FYI, this is actually a fall plumage Prairie Warbler. :w3

Thanks Brian. We were not sure , and most people consulted came up with Cape May. I should have asked the expert from the beginning.

Daniel Cadieux
09-16-2013, 09:06 AM
I like the image alot, only needs some NR to the BG. Good choice of crop. Here is a Caper May I photographed two weeks ago for plumage comparison:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/113556-Cape-May-Wabler-(My-First!)

gail bisson
09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Joe,
What a sweetie pie. Nice light and clean view.
IQ on the warbler is excellent. I would just run another round of NR on the BG,
Gail

Karl Egressy
09-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Great shot, a real treat to look at, Bill. Love the pose and the golden color.

Satish Ranadive
09-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Superb image of beautiful warbler. Love the colors and details.

Regards,
Satish.