PDA

View Full Version : Learning the Ropes, The Conclusion

Grace Scalzo
09-13-2013, 03:34 PM
If juvie skimmers don't learn to navigate the waves, they get knocked down and some get eaten by the waiting gulls. This little one seems to be off to a good start. (See my post from yesterday, a few threads below)

1/4000, f 5.6, iso800
Canon 1dx, 600f4+ 1.4tc + rrs tripod

gail bisson
09-13-2013, 03:37 PM
You are too fast for me! I am working my way down the forum and have yet to comment on your previous post!
I have to say I prefer this one to the first but both are excellent.
Love the light and the upward gaze and the splash. Tack sharp.
I could see a version with a bit off the top but still wonderful as is.
Gail

Jim Crosswell
09-13-2013, 03:40 PM
I like the HA, splash, setting, exposure, low angle and composition. The Skimmer looks like it is quite pleased with itself. Nice series Grace!

hennieloots
09-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi Grace - Lovely image. I like the angle and HA. Great IQ with good details. I like the comp with the open space.
TFS
Hennie

Rachel Hollander
09-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Grace - gorgeous light, sharpness and low angle. The splash and wing position are great too.

TFS,
Rachel

Randy Stout
09-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Grace:

Nice to see the followup. I slightly prefer this one, I don't find the background quite as distracting. Excellent eye contact, full up pose, detail on far wing.

There are days when I would just as soon have no gulls around!

Cheers

Randy

Girish Prahalad
09-14-2013, 07:15 AM
great shooting angle & exp. the IQ, pose & wing position are superb.

Marina Scarr
09-14-2013, 10:31 AM
This one is even stronger than the last. I really like seeing the elements of the environment in these images, Grace, including the upturned sand. I would take a tad off of the top and left. Your light sure was glorious.

Daniel Cadieux
09-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Techs and processing look perfect. I love the splashing action and the light quality. Good low angle too.

Melissa Groo
09-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Another super image of this young one, Grace. He does look rather pleased with himself! Love that head tilted up. Your exposure is perfect and that light is really something.

Miguel Palaviccini
09-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Grace,

I was looking forward to this one, and it did not disappoint! I can't choose between the two for my favorite, both are wonderful. I think I like the pose in this one a bit better, but I like the separation of the bird and distant waves a bit more in the other one. Both are great.

Miguel

Robert Kimbrell
09-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I like both the images Grace. It looks like you and the Skimmer were as low as possible. You really caught his wings at the right time. I am hoping for a third in the series.