PDA

View Full Version : YARN SPOOLS

gary ellwein
09-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Early one morning, beams of light were catching the yarn spools under my wife's loom. I think the resulting image qualifies for the weekly theme. Another theme I had to look up. An ever expanding universe.

Nancy Bell
09-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Very dramatic! I really like the varying intensities of light, in turn revealing varying shades of browns and varying wood textures, all held together by the repeating shape of the spools. Those tiny bits of yarn are a fabulous bonus detail! They add a visual surprise that give life to the shapes.

Christopher Miller
09-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Beautiful lighting, Gary! As Nancy said, very dramatic. I love the brown colors and textures. Very nice interpretation of the theme!

LinzRiverBalmer
09-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Such a great image that any yarn or weaver expert would really appreciate, even being on their wall.

love the light and contrasts really fit the theme. Yarn and things should still come this way, I like old things, would over cardboard any day.

Still reading up on this theme, interestingly enough my mother brought up an email today from Century 21, she's a realtor, and in this weeks section on photos for houses they are discussing this method.

Mitch Carucci
09-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Strong composition. Love the texture of the wood and the warm lighting.

Diane Miller
09-13-2013, 02:19 PM
What they said -- wonderful light and texture!

Cindy Cone
09-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Great chiaroscuro! Wonderful interplay of light and shadow, with great detail and textures. Love the warm colors, too.

Judy Howle
09-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Perfect interpretation of the theme!