PDA

View Full Version : Dirty-Nose

Clyde Hopper
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
D90 f/6.3 ss 1/1000 ISO 500 Again from my weekend at Ft.Desoto . Removed a oof bird top right. small crop in ACR adjusted & sharpened in ACR . Curves adjustment in Cs6, added a highlight to the eye, resized and smart sharpen . I question if the Bg is too bright ? The first of my edits of this photo was a bit dark and had a hint of blue . I think I like this one better ,but, I'm open to all suggestions . Is it over sharpened ?

LinzRiverBalmer
09-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Hello Clyde,

i very much like this..... Being me because he is so straight across the back, I would make it a vertical.

i don't think the bird is too sharp at all... In fact since you are focusing on dirty nose, very nice, I would love the dirt to be a little crisper, sparkly, as I know beach sand to be.

as for The BG I will leave that to the more qualified to determine.

Clyde Hopper
09-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Thank You Linz . I have looked at this photo to the point everything seems like a Blur ,lol I have recently ,tho ,Started waiting a few days after processing a photo ,to post it . My down fall there is I will tend to Over process............... Well I might only be taking baby steps of progress ,but progress it is . Thanks again !

Ian Cassell
09-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Hey, Clyde. I don't think this one is oversharpened at all. I really like it. My only suggestion would be to remove a smidge off the top to make the bird and ground dominate over the featureless sky.

Clyde Hopper
09-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks Ian ! I think that is a great Idea !

Loi Nguyen
09-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Clyde, nice walking pose, low sooting angle. Sharpness looks good. The bird is a little big in the frame. I'd suggest giving it more space in front and on top. Loi