PDA

View Full Version : House Sparrow.

Satish Ranadive
09-11-2013, 07:03 AM
From Archive, Image was created in Feb; 2012.Cropped for composition and sharpened.
OOF leaves, one on LHS and one near tail are removed. NR applied to BG.

ISO: 400, 1/640 @ F: 7.1. Exposure bias: +0.3.
WB: Auto. HH. Canon: 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Nick Palmieri
09-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Nice composition and BG. Good exposure on bird. i am debating if the head could use another round of sharpening.

Shawn Zierman
09-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Everything looks rippin good on my end Satish. I really enjoy the perch because I've no idea what it is and it's visually interesting and complimentary to the bird in size and color. Sharpness, details, exposure....all rockin. The noise control was perfectly handled in post.

Bill Dix
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Love the perch, lighting, pose, bg. I might have been tempted to remove the several bright spots on his bill, but they do indicate what he's been up to. Question of personal preference.

Doug Brown
09-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Very nice light and good sharpness. I like the green BG too. Some folks might suggest that you clean up the beak, but since it tells the story of the bird's behavior I'd leave it as is. It would have been nice if the bird was looking slightly down and towards us.

Stu Bowie
09-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Satish, I like the light in this, which in turn has brought out the feather detail and colours nicely. The sparrow pops well against the smooth BG, and I would leave the beak as is.

Jim Crosswell
09-11-2013, 03:50 PM
I like the pose, perch, BG, exposure and composition. Nice image Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
09-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Interesting perch, good BG, nice colours and details. The profile pose is very good, but I agree with Doug about the head angle.

Satish Ranadive
09-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Thank you all for the feed back and nice comments.
Everything looks rippin good on my end Satish. I really enjoy the perch because I've no idea what it is and it's visually interesting and complimentary to the bird in size and color. Sharpness, details, exposure....all rockin. The noise control was perfectly handled in post.The perch is flowering part of Pearl Millet, where seeds are produced. It is like the cob of the Corn “hard central part “on which corns are attached. Similarly this part is at the tip of the plant, where Bajara (Indian Name) or pearl millets are produced.Regards,Satish.

Satish Ranadive
09-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Thank you all for the feed back and nice comments.
Everything looks rippin good on my end Satish. I really enjoy the perch because I've no idea what it is and it's visually interesting and complimentary to the bird in size and color. Sharpness, details, exposure....all rockin. The noise control was perfectly handled in post.The perch is flowering part of Pearl Millet, where seeds are produced. It is like the cob of the Corn “hard central part “on which corns are attached. Similarly this part is at the tip of the plant, where Bajara (Indian Name) or pearl millets are produced.Regards,Satish.

mohammad reza shahab
09-14-2013, 01:53 PM
nice perch, good BG, nice colours and details.