PDA

View Full Version : Bateleur Eagle

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-10-2013, 01:55 PM
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_5d_mark_iii/)

Exposure
(1/640)

Aperture
f/8.0

Focal Length
700 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
0 EV

</tbody>

Sandy Witvoet
09-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Wowsa! Even tho this image might be considered "busy", I LOVE shots that include the environment... this is well done while still maintaining the viewer's focus on the Eagle (well, and his "lunch" too!) A few stray twigs... but to be expected when you capture a unique wildlife image like this (oh... and it's not overly "graphic" either!) I will leave comments on the techs to our other members who are much better than I am! Love the "stare down"!

edwardselfe
09-11-2013, 06:20 AM
You did well to retain detail and interest in difficult lighting. It's nice to see a Bateleur in sub-adult plumage. Around age 4 or 5 I would suggest. I would try to smooth the background (perhaps with the negative clarity slider + brush in LR) and you'll have a super image. You could perhaps lighten the eyes a tiny bit and perhaps drop the blacks 1 or 2 points for more contrast, but don't lose any beautiful feather detail.
Ed

John Chardine
09-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi Sanjeev-What an incredible bird! Backlighting is tough. Maybe bringing up the bird's tone would work. I also like environmental images like this. The real distraction for me is the bright piece of grass coming out of the bird's breast. This could be toned down.